- Job Description: A Research Assistant is required to work within the Virtual Reality (VR) Team at Orygen, across a number of exciting virtual reality-based health projects funded by a grant from the National Health and Medical Research Council. This is a part-time (0.6 FTE) fixed-term position available for 12 months.
1. Demonstrated ability to conduct recruitment and assessments within populations of young people with mental ill-health.
2. Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills, including authorship of academic reports.
Excellent organisational and time management skills, particularly a demonstrated ability to simultaneously work on multiple tasks independently.
3. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external) and work collaboratively.
4. Demonstrated ability to use word processing, electronic medical and psychological search engines and databases, and reference management software (e.g. Endnote).